About this eventRead more See less
START YOUR YEAR RIGHT!! take off those life vest and enjoy the view down under. Join us, as we learn freediving. Learn how to swim, survival float, duck dive and other interesting facts about freediving.
Lead coach: Marvin Julio
Who: swimmers and non-swimmers are both welcome.
What: Intro to freediving
where: Lobo, Batangas
Event fee: Php2700/head
EVENT FEE INCLUSION
✔Makati-Batangas-Makati van service
✔Lodging (My happy fins' sleeping quarters)
A/c shared room
✔Lesson 1: Intro to freediving
✔Dive log (for lesson 1 student)
Day 0 (friday):
7:30 pm assembly
8:00 pm departure
11:30 pm eta Head Quarters
Day 1 (saturday):
6:00 am wake up call/breakfast (hosted)
6:30 am equipment fitting
07:00 am dry briefing
8:00 am Water session
11:00 am break time
11:30 am lunch (hosted)
2:00 pm fundive
4:00 pm end of dive/tidy up
5:00 pm proceed back to Manila
9:00 pm eta Manila
LESSON 1 COVERAGE
Day 1: INTRO TO FREEDIVING COVERS:
20 min briefing
2 minutes of meditation
Measuring pulse, armspan, breathhold time and respiratory volume
Down the rope
and Logbook use
THINGS TO BRING:
• Extra clothes
• Hygiene kit
• swim wear (Rushguard and leggings)
• Reusable bottled water
• Reusable utensils
• A waterproof watch that reads seconds, preferable with a compass
• Mobile apps "Capture" and "Share it" for file tranfer
• Mobile app "Open CPN for offline navigation
• Vinegar or Zinc oxide + Calamine from Mercury drug store against jelly stings
Lesson 1: Intro to freediving
Lesson 2: Rescue and self help
Lesson 3: Chart reading and Navigation
Lesson 4: Rope works and weight use
Lesson 5: Coach training
**if you are done with Lesson 1, feel free to enroll for the next lesson.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
• My happy fins' sleeping quarter is free to use with shared matres, pillow, blanket. There are also hotel/resort nearby that can be book ahead of time if you are not comfortable sleeping with other student.
• Don't swim, snorkel, or dive alone. Always have a buddy when in the water.
• Many people get sunburned while swimming or snorkeling, you simply don't feel it's happening until its to late. Make sure to swim and snorkel with a T shirt on.
•Please don’t bring alcoholic drinks or other narcotics, manage your trash, don’t leave light stuff laying around cause occasional gusts of wind will blow them in the sea.
How to enroll
1. Need to settle in full to secure slot.
2. 1st come 1st serve basis.
3. Enrollment cut off is 48hrs prior to departure.
4. Payment is non-refundable, non-rebookable BUT transferable to other person.
5. Once payment is done, kindly pm us the bank transaction copy together with your full name,contact number and shoe size. NO BANK TRANS COPY NO RESERVATION.
6. In the event of cancellation due to acts of God, reschedule will be done by the lead coach atleast 1 week after the original schedule.
BANK DETAILS (SAVINGS ACCOUNT)
NAME: MARVIN JULIO
Globe #: 09267204444
Landline #: +63-794-2508
NOTE: MINIMUM OF 5 STUDENTS TO PROCEED WITH THE CLASS, MAXIMUM OF 12