About this eventRead more See less
1. As a way of thanksgiving to those caretakers and locals that will help us with this activity, we would like to encourage everyone to bring goods for the Bantay Gubat community. Goods such as rice, canned foods, noodles, snacks and even those that can be bought in the market can be a big help to the family of the Bantay Gubat that will assist us in our cause.
2. We also welcome on-site registration for those who are having a hard time accessing the online form.
3. If you have any suggestions and alternatives on our donation for the locals, don't hesitate to send us a message on our Facebook page: iShift Philippines
4. If you are in groups, instead of filling up the form, kindly message us the list of names together with the details we are requesting on this for through our email: [email protected]
✅ WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Plastic items or food wrappers
- Anything orange in color
- Big bags especially for beginners
✅ WHAT TO WEAR
Since everyone will be exposed to heat, we advise everyone to observe the proper dress code for everyone’s safety.
- Rubber Shoes
- Dryfit Shirt or Loose Shirt
- Arm Sleeves / Warmer
- Face Protection, Cap/ Sun visor
- Insect Repellant
- Sun Block
- Gloves during tree planting
✅ WHAT TO BRING
- Extra set of clothes & Face Towel
- At least 2 liters of water
- Alcohol & Wet wipes (required)
- Shades / Eye protection
- Group banner or flag
- Gardening Trowel
- Jelly Snacks (light snack to keep you hydrated)
- Snacks while taking a rest
- First Aid
- Trash bag for each participant (required)
- Aqua Tablets (if you want to drink mountain water)
P5.00 Entrance Fee
P10.00 Activity Fee (Barangay)
(for you can either walk or ride a tricycle)
P29.00 Jeepney Fare from Tungko going to Mt. Balagbag Entrance
P30.00 Tricycle Fare from Entrance going up the Barangay Hall
P20.00 Tricycle Fee from Mountain going down to the entrance
P25.00 Jeepney Fare from Mt. Balagbag Entrance to Starmall San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan
✅ HOW TO GET THERE
IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN CAR
You can go straight (EDSA – Fairview - Mt. Balagbag) to the receiving area of Mt. Balagbag to register and go straight to the barangay outpost where we will assemble.
IF YOU ARE A COMMUTER
From Edsa, you can ride a bus going to TUNGKO and tell the conductor to drop you at Jollibee Tungko.
04:00AM Assembly Time (Jollibee Tungko, Bulacan)
05:00AM Off to Mt. Balagbag
05:40AM Hike Orientation, Start of Hike & Local Engagement Entrance
9:00AM Rest & Tree Planting Introduction & Orientation
9:30AM TREE PLANTING
10:30AM Rest & Preparation for Descend
12:00NN ETA to Barangay Outpost
01:00PM ETD to MANILA
✅ TRAVEL TIPS
Here are some guide reference:
- From MRT Boni Station to Jollibee Tungko takes you at least 2 HOURS because of the road constructions along Cubao.
- Since 4:00am is our calltime, make sure that you've adjust your alarm clock for you to make it on time.
- Pack light and always be prepared.
- No need to wear make up and jewelries.
- We require everyone to bring their own WET WIPES for we advise everyone not to take a bath after the hike to avoid any problems.
- There is a water source at the bunkhouse for those who want to refill their tumblers or bottles. But if you are not used to drinking water from the mountains you can bring your own AQUA TABLETS to avoid diarrhea. Our if you can wait, there are stores along the way where you can buy bottled waters.
- You can eat jelly cups along the way to keep you hydrated but make sure that you put your wrappers to your own trash bags.