About this eventRead more See less
Jumpoff: Sitio Cawag Settlement, Subic Town
LLA: 14.89 N, 120.11 E (est.), 1100 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 1-2 days / 4-6 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 5/9, Trail class 1-4
Mt. Balingkilat, literally the “Mountain of Thunder” in the native Aeta language, is at 1100 MASL one of the highest peaks in the Zambales Coastal Mountains and Coves area, an emerging hiking hotspot within San Antonio and Subic towns that has scenic views and nice trails that interconnect high peaks and beautiful coves.
It was once known as ‘Pointed Peak’, a name that was used by US Navy servicemen who used to be stationed in nearby Subic Naval Base, but this title’s descriptive accuracy is valid only on certain vantage point. Moreover, out of respect for and appreciation of the indigenous people’s heritage, we are preferring the native name Balingkilat, and has re-emerged as the common name given to this mountain.
Like many mountains in the western side of Luzon, Balingkilat is rocky, grassy, and windy. There is little tree cover. There are steep parts in the final legs of the trail, but the views are refreshing: the Subic Bay coastline and the neighboring mountains such as Mt. Cinco Picos.
Day 0 - March 16 ( Friday Night )
0900 - Meetup at Mcdo Starmall Edsa Shaw
1000 - ETD to Zambales
Day 1 - March 17 ( Saturday )
0300 ETA Olongapo
0330 ETA Subic Police Station
0400 Head off to Sitio Cawag
0430 ETA Sitio Cawag (Chieftain Jimmy’s place); register
0445 Start trekking
0930 ETA summit / Lunch
1030 Start traverse to Nagsasa
1430 ETA Nagsasa Cove
1500 Set Camp / Pitch tent
1600 Explore Nagsasa Cove
1700 Prepare Dinner
1800 Dinner @ Nagsasa Cove
2300 Lights Off
Day 2 - March 18 ( Sunday )
0600 - Wake Up Call
0700 - Breakfast
0800 - Explore Nagsasa Cove, Photo Ops, Swimming
1100 - Prepare Lunch
1200 - Lunch
1230 - Break Camp
1300 - ETD for Island Hopping
1400 - ETA Camara Island
1600 - ETD Camara Back to Pundaquit
1700 - ETA to Pundaquit
1830 - ETD back to Manila
2100 - ETA Starmall Edsa Shaw
Event Fee: Php 1750
Reservation: Php 1000
Deadline: March 1, 2018
No. Of pax: 14 pax per van
RT Van Transpo ( 18 Seaters Van )
Meal - Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch @ Nagsasa Cove
Food / Trail food
Payment can be done through bank deposit
BPI Bank Account: Jerald M. Remola
Bank Acct#: 0249169668
Or you can send money via LBC, Cebuana & Palawan Express
Name: Jerald M. Remola
Address: Taguig City
Terms and Conditions + Reminders:
- Reservation fee per person is to secured slot.
- Once deposited, reservation fee is NON REFUNDABLE but TRANSFERABLE to another person.
Pls notify ASAP or at least 7days before the actual climb for any substitution.
- Balance should be settled on the actual day of climb / tour.
- First to deposit will be prioritized, 1st come 1st serve basis.
- Cancellation of climb on the day of departure will deem the reservation payment not refundable.
- Last minute back out will be considered as SOLD
- Parents / Guardians / Partner / Siblings Consent is necessary
- Please inform the organizer if you have medical problem like asthma / medical surgery / heart problem etc.
Please seek for medical cert if necessary
- The event organizer may cancel or reschedule the event 2days prior to the actual event date due to:
A. Force Majeure, bad weather conditions
B. Low number of participants
- Not advisable for those hikers who don't have yet experience on major climbs
Please read this ❗❗??
Mga Kailangang dalhin: Self Contained
✔ Sleeping Bag
✔ Plastic w/ ziplock
✔ Garbage bag
✔ Extra shirt
✔ Slippers or Sandals
✔ first aid kit ( bandage,band aid,betadine,meds)
✔ extra pera para pag may natripan na souvenir
✔ headlamp / flashlight + extra batteries
✔ extra clothes/slippers
✔ mess kit ( spoon,fork,knife )
✔ Hygiene Kit
✔ 2-3 liters of water for hiking
✔ Energy drink ( gatorade )
✔ trail snacks ( sweets ) chocolates, jelly ace
✔ Banana ( optional )
✔ disposable raincoat or payong or armsleeves nalang
✔ extra money
✔ gloves kung meron pag wala ingat ingat nalang.
✔ packed lunch
✔ packed breakfast
✔ Trekking Pole
✔ Sun glass
✔ Sun block
✔ Basic Phone
✔ Valid ID
Mga dapat tandaan:
*LNT (Leave No Trace) principles apply to all participants
- Leave nothing but footprints
- Take nothing but pictures
- Kill nothing but time
- Keep nothing but memories
- dispose of waste properly - all your trail food wrappers/tissue/etc itago lng sa bag, pag baba na ng bundok itapon sa trash bin
- respect wild life - avoid disturbing/ feeding and most of all killing any animals.
- leave the trees/rocks/plants as you found them. Do not vandalize
- do not go off trail & create new trails
- be courteous and give way to other hikers
See you there :)