About this eventRead more See less
Jump-off points: Sitio Macalana, Barlig, Mt. Province; Batad, Ifugao
LLA: 17°10N, 120°57E, 2702 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 2 days / 5-7 hours
Specs: Major Climb, Difficulty 6/9, Trail class 3
Rising at the northeastern edge of the Cordilleras is the highest point of Mountain Province, Mt. Amuyao. Unlike the famed mountains of the range such as Mt. Pulag and Mt. Napulauan which can only be viewed on high elevations, Mt. Amuyao stands prominently and can be spotted along the highway to Banaue. Because of its prime location, it was chosen to be the site of two transmitters, that of the PT&T and ABS-CBN. And because its summit area hosts these sites, the access to the mountain has been made easy, with stairways literally running all the way to the top. This literal flight of stairs takes 4-7 hours to climb*. Exhauasting and steep, yes, but the trail is assuringly well-established and continuous. Night trekking is a possibility.
(C) Pinoy mountaineer
Mt Amuyao Barlig-barlig Event
March 2-3, 2019 Sat Sun
Damage fee 2,700
Deadline of Reservation Fee February 15, 2019
You can send your deposit on this BDO Account INFO:
Bdo acc number
Van transfer from Greenfield to Mt. Amuyao jump off vice versa
2. Registration fee
3. Permit & Guide fee
4. Cultural fee
5. Camping fee
6. 3 Hosted meals
(dinner, breakfast and lunch)
7. EAPH Personalized Bagtag
❌ Climb cert (optional)
8pm - Meet up Mcdo Greenfield
9pm - Departure
Day 1 (March 2, 2019)
7am - ETA Banaue/ Breakfast
8am - ETD / Resume Travel
10am - ETA Macalama, Barlig. Lunch before trek.
3pm - ETA Barlig Viewpoint
330- Last water source near Summit
4pm- ETA Summit (Either camp outside or stay at bunkhouses-depends on you)
6pm - Dinner
7pm - Bible Study / EAPH Discussion / Socials
10pm - Lights off
Day 2 (March 3, 2019)
6am - Wake-up Call / Breakfast
8am - Start descent
1pm - ETA Jump off, Wash, Lunch
3pm - Travel / Buy Souvenirs
12mn - ETA Manila
Things to bring
2-3L Water (depends on you)
Trash bag (LNT)
- Itinerary may change depending on
the situation, like weather and
capacity of the participants.
- Organizer is not liable for any lost or
damages or your valuables.
- Hike at your own risk
- Follow Leave No Trace (LNT)
LEAVE NO TRACE PRINCIPLES (LNT):
- Plan ahead & prepare
- Travel & camp on durable surfaces
- Dispose of waste properly
- Pack it in, pack it out
- Properly dispose of what you can't
- Leave what you find
- Minimize use and impacts of fire
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Slot Reservation is on "First come, First serve basis"
2. Reservation fee is needed to reserve / secure a slot, and need to pay 14 Days / 2 weeks before the date of the event. The remaining balance to be pay in full upon meet up.
3. Reservation fee is "Non-refundable, but transferable" for the new participant, in case the original participant is backing out.
4. Cancellation / Last minute back out 7 days before the event, the slot is considered sold, and need to pay the remaining balance.
5. The organizer/s has the right to cancel the event "FORCE MAJURE";
-and if only cancelled by the local government, and alike
-if the required numbers of the participants is not met
(Reservation fee is refundable)
6. Please arrive 10 minutes before the event.
Lateness can be viewed as disrespectful to the other participants
Please like and follow our page.