About this eventRead more See less
Elevation: 2,702+ MASL
Location: Batad, Banaue, Ifugao and Barlig, Mountain Province
Difficulty: Reverse Traverse via Batad to Barlig – 9/9
Trek to Summit: 17 hours
Day 0 - March 15
2200 Meet Up Jollibee Farmers
2300 ETD to Banaue
Day 1 - March 16
0500 ETA Banaue
0530 Breakfast; last minute market buying
0700 Proceed to Batad
• Banaue to Saddle – 2hrs travel via rented van
Take note of the infos
• JOP SADDLE TO BATAD TO CAMBULO TO PATYAY - KARAMIHAN PILAPIL NA CEMENTO NG TERRACES ANG TRAIL. Gradual trail. Loose soil, pag maulan, expect for muddy trek.
• Saddle to Batad – 2hrs descend. Then register at BAtad. Early lunch will do. Depende sa oras.
• Batad to Cambulo – 3hrs trek. pilapil trail, descend from saddle then pilapil trail. height of pilapil 3m-10m high
• Cambulo to Patyay – 4hrs trek. Ascend to patyay. 1hr going to Mossy forest – YES, assault – YES. Limatik – SPOTTED. 3hrs from mossy forest to village proper, assault then minimal gradual trails. Loose soil – YES. Muddy trail – YES!
2000 ETA @ Patyay.
• Water source – positive along trail. Sa cambulo, sa patyay. Atleast 2L nasa bagpack.
• total trek time 8-9 hrs (normal pace BUT may exceed up to 10-11hrs)
Day 2 March 17
0600 Wakeup call
0800 Start trek
• Patyay to water stream – pilapil trail
• Stream to mossy forest (waiting shed) – 5hrs trek. Mostly assault 80%. Pero may mga bonus round. Limatik – SPOTTED. Lunch! Regroup.
• Waiting shed to Summit - 3hrs solid assault. Mossy forest padin.
• ETA @ SUMMIT 5PM. Secure campsite near bunk house. Close na kasi as of this time. Set up camp. TENTS.
• Water source – stream and sa may waiting shed. 2L will do depending sa personal consumption.
• Total trek 8hrs 80%.assault.
Day 3 March 18
0600 wakeup call. Sunrise. Photo ops at Mt. Amuyao summit. Breakfast. Break camp.
• All the way descend. Hagdan. Malumot. Madulas.
• Gradual trail after steep descend from summit to waiting shed then pababa na ulit all the way to Barlig terraces.
• Water source near summit lang.
• Total trek descend to barlig, 2-3hrs up to exit point.
• ETA at exit point 12nn for lunch and washup.
• Then travel back to Banaue for pasalubong.
1900 ETD back to Manila
Food : Self contain. group sharing nalang kayo. 500pesos will do for 6meals. Then share2 nalang sa load sa bagpack.
Please bring tent and sleeping bag. Malamig specially sa summit.
Prepare sa ulan. Always bring your rain jacket or poncho with you.
Packed light as much as possible.
DAY1 overnight Stay at Pat-yay village, 50pesos per head (own acct)
Barlig to Putol na kalsada transfer 100pesos per head (own acct) - from putol na kalsad don na naghhntay un rented jeep natin.
Due to confidentiality of bank accounts, we request all interested participant to send a personal message to the organizer.
Once the transaction is done, Kindly send your deposit/bank slip after to the organizer.
THINGS TO BRING:
⏩Sun protection (sunblock, hat, arm sleeves, head cover, sun glass)
⏩Rain protection (rain coat, jacket, poncho)
⏩Water (atleast 2-3ltrs of water and energy drinks)
⏩Trail Foods (Sweets to boost energy, jelly ace, peanuts)
⏩Cookset, plates, cups, spoon and fork
⏩Personal first aid kit/Medicine Kit
⏩Power bank, charger
⏩Personal hygiene kit
⏩Trekking pole (suggested)
Limited slots only. Maximum of 12 participants. First come, first serve basis.
Terms and Conditions
The Event Organizer have the right to cancel or reschedule the event 3 days prior the actual schedule due to the following reasons;
a. Weather Condition
b. Bad situations within the area
c. No. of Participants
Each participants must donate 2 - 3 pieces of plastic bottles to support the Charity Mission of the team.
Itirenary may not be followed due to weather condition nor individual's pacing.
All participants must practice the LEAVE NO TRACE PRINCIPLES.
a. Plan ahead and Prepare
b. Travel and Camp in durable ground
c. Dispose of waste properly
d. Leave what you find
e. Minimize the effect of fire
f. Respect wildlife and farm animals
g. Be considerate of others
Safety First. As much as possible we required medical certificate of fit to climb for every major climb events. For those who have health conditions, you should inform the organizer and coordinators so to assist you with your adventure.
Organizer and coordinators are not liable for any lost or damages of your valuables.
- Downpayments settled 2 weeks before the event are nonrefundable yet it is transferable. You can use it to other events organized by Limitless.
Participant/s who backed out and wish to have his/her money back, will be the one to look for his/her replacemet. Slot/s are considered sold as long as there is no replacement with the timeline below;
▪️Backouts within 3-5days before the event is responsible to pay half of the event fee. ▪️Last minute backouts or a day before the event are required to pay the full amount of the event fee. ▪️For unexpected situation: If due to Organizer's cancellation and reschedulling of event, participants who wish to backout can have his/her downpayment yet need to pay for the expenses made like bagtags and event shirt.
- Always remember the explorer's motto.
"Leave nothing but footprints"
"Take nothing but pictures"
"Kill nothing but time"
If you've committed to join a climb, don't back out. Organizers consider group size in planning transportation, food, campsite, number of guides and in computation of budget - among many other considerations. Backing out especially just a few days before the event, is not good and should try to avoid it at all cost - especially if you want to get invited again. Of course there are unavoidable problems that are understandable but still, you should make an effort to fulfill your commitments. - by Gideon of Pinoy Mountaineer
Honor your commitments! Don't be a dancer!
Where every mountain is a charity climb!
God bless us all.