About this eventRead more See less
MT. BALINGKILAT TRAVERSE TO NAGSASA COVE
Jumpoff: Sitio Cawag Settlement, Subic Town
LLA: 14.89 N, 120.11 E (est.), 1100 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 1-2 days / 4-6 hours
Specs: Major climb, Difficulty 5/9, Trail class 1-4
Mt. Balingkilat, literally the “Mountain of Thunder” in the native Aeta language, is at 1100 MASL one of the highest peaks in the Zambales Coastal Mountains and Coves area, an emerging hiking hotspot within San Antonio and Subic towns that has scenic views and nice trails that interconnect high peaks and beautiful coves.
It was once known as ‘Pointed Peak’, a name that was used by US Navy servicemen who used to be stationed in nearby Subic Naval Base, but this title’s descriptive accuracy is valid only on the certain vantage point. Moreover, out of respect for and appreciation of the indigenous people’s heritage, we are preferring the native name Balingkilat, and has re-emerged as the common name given to this mountain.
Event Fee: Php 1,700
14Pax lang mga bessy para makaunat unat sa van at bangka. Hahaha!
★ RT Van Transfer (Manila - Zambales - Manila)
★ Driver's Meal
★ Registration Fee
★ Guide Fee
★ Beach Entrance Fee
★ Boat Fee (Nagsasa - Pundakit)
★ Free Bagtag
Other not stated above
Day 0: January 17 [Friday]
08:00PM - Meet up/Assembly Mcdo Greenfield Shaw
09:00PM - ETD to Cawag
12:00AM - Subic Police Station (Register)
Day 1 - Jan 18 [Saturday]
01:00AM - Cawag Jump-off
02:00AM - Start Trek
04:00AM - 1st Water Source
08:00AM - Mt. Balingkilat Summit (Breakfast, Photo ops)
09:00AM - Start Descent
01:00PM - ETA Nagsasa Cove (Rest, Lunch, Swim)
04:00PM - Tidy up (Wash up)
05:00PM - ETA San Antonio Pundaquit
05:30PM - Back to Manila
10:00PM - ETA to Greenfield Shaw
THINGS TO BRING:
Light breakfast and Packed Lunch (Day 1)
First aid kit (IMPORTANT)
Poncho/Rain gear/Umbrella (Just in case)
Flash light/Head lamp
Extra Clothes (Pang swimming)
Proper Hiking attire
Please provide the down payment of Php 700.00 to secure your slot:
- No Downpayment, No Slot/s.
- The Host/s has the right to CANCEL the event if the required (12) numbers of participants are not achieved AND due to bad weather condition.
- In cased the event will be rescheduling, the fee will be refunded just in case the participant is not available on the re-sched date.
- Last minute back out dancers (7 days before departure shall be charged the full event fee because it will considered as SOLD!).
- Backout dancers will be AUTO-BAN to all our affiliate event/tour organizers.
- Deadline of Dp: 1 week prior the event
- Hike at your own risk.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
- Remaining balance of Php 999.00 will be settled on date of arrival.
Down payment is NON-REFUNDABLE but TRANSFERABLE. CANNOT be use on other upcoming events of the host/s.
Please send the deposit slip/ transaction with your complete name and contact number.
This is a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. Those who confirm and give downpayment will be prioritized.
NOTES TO REMEMBER:
1. Please make sure that your body is conditioned well. You can start jogging so your heart and lungs would be ready.
2. DON'T FORGET TO WATERPROOF YOUR THINGS!
3. Expect the UNEXPECTED.
LIMITED SLOTS ONLY, RESERVE YOUR SEATS NOW WHILE IT LASTS!
-Be friendly. :)
-Please observe LNT Principles
>Leave nothing, But Footprints
>Kill nothing, But Time
>Take nothing, But Pictures
>Leave nothing, But Memories
Strictly NO to backout dancers!
Thank you and SEE YOU THERE mga ka-Xplorer! ;)