About this eventRead more See less
Mt. Mantalingajan Traverse 3D2N
Major jump-off: Brgy. Ransang, Rizal, Palawan
Exit point (Traverse): Brgy. Malis, Brooke’s Point, Palawan
LLA: 8°48’N 117°40’E, 2086 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 3-5 days / 15-20 hours
Specs: Major climb, Difficulty 9/9, Trail Class 2-5
Features: Indigenous tribes, ultramafic forests, unique fauna and flora
Not suitable for beginners, maximum of 14pax joiners only
Day 0 (April 26, 2019)
Flight from Manila to PPC
DAY 1 (April 27, 2019)
07:00am Assembly at Jolibee Rizal Ave., PPC
07:30am Departure time going to DENR CENRO Quezon
10:00am Arrival at DENR CENRO Quezon for MMPL permit
11:00am Buy Goods at Quezon Proper, early lunch
03:00pm Arrival at Rizal Tourism Office, Courtesy visit at PNP-Rizal
04:00pm Arrival at Brgy. Ransang, Registration
07:00pm Balin-Balin Campsite
09:00pm Lights off
DAY 2 (April 28, 2019)
05:00am Wake up call, breakfast
06:30am Resume trek
08:00am Tau't Bato Village
10:00am Bulldog Campsite
12:00pm Lunch on Trail
03:00pm Kawayanan Campsite
07:30pm Paray-paray Campsite, Setcamp
09:30pm Dinner, socials
DAY 3 (April 29, 2019)
06:00am Wake up call, breakfast
07:30am Resume trek
10:00am First Peak (2055masl)
11:00am Arrival at Mt. Mantalingajan Summit(2086masl), Photo ops, regroup, lunch
05:00pm Back to Paray-paray Campsite
07:00pm Dinner, socials
DAY 4 (April 30, 2019)
05:00am Wake up call, Breakfast, breakcamp
07:00am Start descent
02:00pm Arrival at Brgy. Malis, Brooke's Point / end of trek
02:30pm Wash up
04:00pm Departure back to PPC
09:00pm Arrival at PPC (Open itinerary)
April 26, 2019
Manila/Clark to PPC (any time)
May 1, 2019
PPC to Manila/Clark (any time)
MALARIA Mosquito care is important as Rizal, Palawan is still endemic for malaria in spite of improvements in recent years. PinoyMountaineer highly recommends prophylaxis of Mefloquine (Lariam S), 250 mg tablet once a week, from one week prior to the climb to two weeks after. Also, physical protection using long-sleeved and tight-fitted clothing is recommended at night. Mosquito nets must be used if spending the night in the village huts. Insect repellant is also recommended for use throughout the day.
EVENT FEE: 4,000/person
Van Transportation Roundtrip
(PPC - Quezon - Rizal - Brooke's Point - PPC)
(Quezon DENR + Rizal MRDDMO)
Barangay Registration Fee (Ransang)
Tour Guide Fee
Food for the whole climb
If you don't want to carry your food for the climb, I'll avail Group Hosted meals for the whole climb plus the use of climb equipments. Climb shirt is also optional for only 300pesos per piece, any sizes.
THINGS TO BRING;
camera (for memories)
extra money (for personal needs, pasalubongs etc.)
POINTS TO CONSIDER:
1. Be patient
2. Be a responsible traveller
3. Hike at your own risk
4. Organizers for not liable for losing your valuables/things
5. Follow the Leave no trace Principles
MODE OF PAYMENT;
Money transfer (cebuana, palawan, lbc)
Name: Mark Cedrick M. Gallardo
TERMS AND CONDITIONS;
1. First come and serve basis.
2. A joiner is required to pay half of the event fee as a downpayment for slot reservation which will be deducted from the event fee.
3. Don't forget to send your copy of transaction receipt once your payment is done.
4. Remaining balance will be collected on the day of the event.
5. Only those with downpayments will be considered as an official participants.
6. "Backout dancer participants" 1 week before the event, considered as sold.
7. Downpayment is non-refundable, but transferable to non-joiners.
8. Organizers have the right to cancel the event due to lack of participants and unsustainable weather.
9. Downpayment is refundable once organizer cancels the event, unless rescheduled.