About this eventRead more See less
Pirata Backpackers goes to
MT. PULAG (AMBANGEG TRAIL)
Major jump-off: Ambangeg Ranger Stn, Bokod, Benguet
LLA: 16°34’58″N 120°53’15″E
MASL: 2922 (#3rd highest)
Days required: 4-5 hours
Hours to summit: 1-2 days
Major Climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-2
Trail system: Grand Cordillera Trail, Section 3
Features: Sea of clouds, dwarf bamboo slopes, pine forests
? EVENT FEE: PHP 2,700
Roundtrip transportation (Manila-Ambangeg)
DENR Entrance Fee
2 hosted meals
? THINGS TO BRING:
-Tent (can be rented at campsite at 300 for 2persons)
-Groundsheet (can be rented at campsite)
-Sleeping bag (can be rented at campsite)
-3 pairs of socks
-Medical Certificate (Fit to climb)
-Trail food (jellyace, candies, nuts, etc)
-Extra cash (for water, food, souvenirs and ukay)
-First aid kit
Homestay is also available at 200 per person with blanket, pillow and sleeping bag. Reservation is highly recommended to secure one.
STRICTLY NO MED CERT. NO CLIMB
11:00 PM Meet up Mcdo Panay Ave near MRT Quezon Ave Station
12:00 AM ETD Manila
7:00 AM Arrival at Ambuklao Dam, Breakfast (pax account)
10:00 AM ETA Visitors’ Center / Registration / Orientation
11:30 AM Set out for Ranger Station
12:30 PM ETA Ranger Station, prepare lunch
1:00 PM Eat lunch (hosted)
2:00 PM Set up camp, free time
6:00 PM Dinner at campsite; socials
1:30 AM Early morning trek to view deck for sunrise
5:30 AM Arrival at tower site just in time for sunrise
7:00 AM Start descent to Camp 2
8:00 AM Arrival at Camp 2, Breakfast (pax account)
09:00 AM Start descent
11:00 AM Back at Ranger; Wash up
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM ETD at Ranger
2:00 PM ETA DENR, log out
6:00 PM ETA Baguio City / Dinner (pax account)
7:00 PM Head back to Manila
11:00 PM Back in Manila
? HOW TO JOIN
Kindly confirm your slot by sending us a copy of your deposit of at least 1,500 Php on or before April 15 to either of the account details below:
- Money transfer (i.e. LBC, Cebuana and Palawan Express Padala)
First Name: Grace Kristine
Middle Name: Alo
Last Name: Agcaoili
Contact Number: 09178913574
Terms & Conditions
Your downpayment will also mean your conformity to these T&C
- Downpayment is required to secure the slot. 1st come 1st serve basis.
- Balance should be settled on the event date.
- Notice of cancellation within 72hrs before departure time will deem the reservation payment not refundable.
- Down payments are non-refundable but transferrable to another person for the same event only. Not valid as a full payment for a registered participant.
- The organizers have the right to cancel the event in case for the following reasons:
5.1 If the minimum required number of participants was not met, downpayments will be refunded.
5.2 If the weather is in bad condition and not ideal for a hike, it will be postponed to the next available date.
REMINDERS DURING THE EVENT
- Your own safety is your responsibility.
- Keep your distance when smoking.
- Drink moderately during socials.
- Minimize noise and music. Respect other joiners, the locals and the nature itself.
- Follow the instructions of the organizer/s and local guide/s for precautions.
The Etiquette of Joining Climbs
- Respond as soon as you can.
- Invitations are not transitive, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Don’t say ‘yes’ to climbs that you’re not prepared for.
- Try not to be a burden. Make sure to follow the LNT principles.
- Don’t take the lead, unless you’re asked to.
- Ask permission, but a “Yes” does not necessarily mean that the host approves.
- Be sociable and friendly.
- Be honest if the situation calls for it.
- What happens on a climb stays among the climb participants.
- Share your trail food.
Leave No Trace Seven Principles
Responsible mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts do not only know and understand, they practice them.
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces
- Dispose of waste properly
- Leave what you find
- Minimize campfire impacts
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors
?? We organize fun, affordable and hassle-free events for mountain climbing, island hopping, beach, waterfalls and city tours open for solo joiners, couples or a group of friends.
?Contact us at 09178913574
? Follow us on Instagram @piratabackpackers
? E-mail us at [email protected]
CLIMB | SWIM | ADVENTURE