About this eventRead more See less
Mt. Purgatory Mangisi Traverse
Entry point: Japas Jumpoff, Bokod
Exit point: Brgy. Ekip, Bokod
LLA: 2290m (Mt. Pack); 2080m (Mt. Purgatory); 2329m (Mt. Komkompol)
Days required / Hours to summit: 2-3 days / 4-5 (Pa); 5-7 (Pu); 9-11 (K)
Specs: Major climb, Difficulty 6/9, Trail class 1-3
Features: Pine forests, mossy forests, Views of Benguet mountains
Day 0 (Friday)
2200 - Assembly @Mcdo greenfield
2230 - ETD to Baguio
Day 1 (Saturday)
1st stop over - Sison, Pangasinan
0400 - ETA Baguio
0600 - Bokod Benguet (Breakfast)
0800 - Japas jump off
0830 - Start hike
0930 - Mt. Mangagew
1130 - Mt. Pack
1530 - Mt. Purgatory
1630 - Mt. Bakian
1730 - Mt. Tangbaw (Campsite)
1800 - Set up camp. Prepare dinner.
1900 - Dinner.
1930 - Socials.
Day 2 (Sunday)
0500 - Wake-up call
0530 - Ascend to Mt. Kokompol
0700 - descend to campsite
0800 - Breakfast
0900 - Start descent
1300 - ETA Brgy. Ekip
1430 - Bokod Benguet (Lunch)
1700 - Baguio city proper
1800 - ETD to Manila
2345 - ETA EDSA Shaw Blvd.
Event Fee: Please send us a message ?
? Van (Manila-Benguet-Manila)
⛽️ Toll, Gas, Driver’s Meal, Parking Fee
? Tour Guide Fees
? Registration Fees
? DENR Registration Fee
? Charity Donation
? Climb Cert.
?️♂️ Porter - 500php/day (15klg) additional 50php/kl in excess. Allowed of excess is up to 2kls only.
Limited slots only. Maximum of 12 participants. First come, first serve basis.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Event Organizer have the right to cancel or reschedule the event 3 days prior the actual schedule due to the following reasons;
a. Weather Condition
b. Bad situations within the area
c. No. of Participants
2. Each participants must donate 2 - 3 pieces of plastic bottles to support the Charity Mission of the team.
3. Itirenary may not be followed due to weather condition nor individual's pacing.
4. All participants must practice the LEAVE NO TRACE PRINCIPLES.
a. Plan ahead and Prepare
b. Travel and Camp in durable ground
c. Dispose of waste properly
d. Leave what you find
e. Minimize the effect of fire
f. Respect wildlife and farm animals
g. Be considerate of others
5. Safety First. As much as possible we required medical certificate of fit to climb for every major climb events. For those who have health conditions, you should inform the organizer and coordinators so to assist you with your adventure.
6. Organizer and coordinators are not liable for any lost or damages of your valuables.
7. Downpayments settled 2 weeks before the event are nonrefundable yet it is transferable. You can use it to other events organized by Limitless.
Participant/s who backed out and wish to have his/her money back, will be the one to look for his/her replacemet. Slot/s are considered sold as long as there is no replacement with the timeline below;
▪️Backouts within 3-5days before the event is responsible to pay half of the event fee.
▪️Last minute backouts or a day before the event are required to pay the full amount of the event fee.
▪️For unexpected situation: If due to Organizer's cancellation and reschedulling of event, participants who wish to backout can have his/her downpayment yet need to pay for the expenses made like bagtags and event shirt.
8. Always remember the explorer's motto.
"Leave nothing but footprints"
"Take nothing but pictures"
"Kill nothing but time"
If you've committed to join a climb, don't back out. Organizers consider group size in planning transportation, food, campsite, number of guides and in computation of budget - among many other considerations. Backing out especially just a few days before the event, is not good and should try to avoid it at all cost - especially if you want to get invited again. Of course there are unavoidable problems that are understandable but still, you should make an effort to fulfill your commitments. - by Gideon of Pinoy Mountaineer
Honor your commitments! Don't be a dancer!
Where every mountain is a charity climb!
God bless us all.